Wednesday 22 November 2017

7 Dots Hazy Days

Hi Everyone,

Monique here.  Today I am sharing my first layout for this month's 7 Dots Studio Challenge.  I used the fabulous Hazy Days Collection to create this Layout.


The colours and textures of this collection are perfect for grungy boy layouts - as you can see!

I have also been playing with my Gell Plate lately, and decided to have a play creating some textured background papers for this layout as well.  I am going to show you how to create a unique background using some Dylusion Paints, your Gell Plate, a Brayer and a stencil. (I used the Hazy Daze Chevron Stencil)


Now here's the part where I tell you I got so carried away I forgot to take pictures, so I will just have to tell you without the pictures.


  • Working with Gell Plates is all about working with layers.  Add a tiny squirt of paint to the plate.  Brayer it on.  It is important now to leave this layer to dry slightly, that way it will not blend with the next layer, but will lift off the plate when the paper is applied and pulled off.
  • Next, apply the stencil over the layer of paint.
  • Add another layer of paint, working it into the pattern of the stencil.
  • Lift off the stencil, apply a piece of Deli Paper over the top, press down, give it a run to ensure all paint is applied, then peel it off.
Here is an example of a couple of the papers I created.


Out of all the papers I created, I like these two the best.

Now, back to my layout.  I first applied some Clear Gesso to my base paper.  This protects the paper and gives all the media I use something to stick to, rather than soak into my paper.

Next, I applied some texture paste using the "His Time" stencil from 13 Arts.  I layered up some Lindy's stamp Gang mist in Canna Lily Burnt Orange and Bayou Boogie Gold.  I then dabbed my Distress Ink (Blueprint Sketch) onto my craft sheet, sprayed it with water, then stamped some "splotch" images onto the background with the 7 Dots Hazy Daze stamp.  I also rubbed some Finnebair Art Alchemy wax onto the raised texture paste.



Once I was satisfied with my background, I started adding layers of papers.  First I added some strips of paper.


I stamped the staples stamp from the Hazy Daze stamp set on the paper strips.  Then I tore up bits from my Gell Plate papers and layered them over the larger strips.




When I was happy with the layers, I then added my photo and my embellishments.

This was the final result.


Here is a list of the materials I used that are available in the Scrap Matrix Shop






I loved every minute of creating this layout, and I hope it has inspired you to get cracking and enter this months "7 Dots Challenge."

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment