Sunday 31 December 2017

"Hello" with Alison Callcott

Morning peeps!

It's Alz back again with another guest DT share featuring PaperArtsy stamps. I've had a scrappy girl crush on Jo Firth-Young for as long as I first stumbled across her PaperArtsy stamps. I love, love, love them and JOFY09 would have to be my most favourite of all. Why? Because its fun and funky, and its different.

Hello



PaperArtsy stamps used ..
 


I wanted this page to have a clean, graphic feel to it, but to still be bold and fun. I started off by using the masking technique I shared previously to create my background. Initially I was going to leave it completely black and white. Then I thought monochromatic maybe. Not knowing where I wanted to head I stamped some extra circles, fussy cut them, and coloured them in. Initially I used Prima Watercolor Pencils which I find deliciously rich and creamy, to colour some a citrus green.


Although the page would have worked without further colour, I just had to add another. Using a paint brush, I coloured in some more more circles a mid purple with a Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray. I attached all of these circles to my page with foam tape to give the background a little dimension.


Wanting to keep the layout Clean And Simple, I chose to use just one main type of embellishment, with only a few added extras thrown in for good measure. My primary embellishment were some fabulous Kinder Kreations chipboard pieces I inked with an Archival Ink Pad and sponge dauber. I find inking my chipboard pieces less messy than painting them, and it gives them a really nice matt finish.


To add some height to my primary embellishment cluster, I added two strands from a Crystal Stem, together with bits and pieces from my stash.


My layout wouldn't be complete without my favourite butterfly of the moment (from the EDY02 stamp set). By slotting the stamped and fussy cut butterfly in on top of already raised embellishments, and using Scrap Dots to add height under the wings, the butterfly sits nice and high, and permanently so.


Oh and before I forget, I added the minutest amount of Kindy Glitz and Glossy Accents here and there on my stamped circles and to finish the page off, taking care to protect the photo, I gave it a good splash or two of my new favourite product, 13 Arts Splash Glitter Ink.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Til next time, be cool!

Cheers .. Alz  :)


Scrap Matrix products ..

PaperArtsy JOFY09 stamp set
PaperArtsy EDY02 stamp set
Prima Watercolor Pencils - The Basics
Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black
Kinder Kreations chipboard - Zen Leaf

 

No comments:

Post a Comment