Saturday 10 February 2018

Another Holiday Moodboard Share!!

Hi Everyone,

It's Monique back again with another January Holiday Moodboard Share.  What can I say?  I have been ULTRA inspired by this gorgeous Moodboard:


This time, I was inspired by the gorgeous colours and all the beachy references when I created this layout:



It is no secret at all that I love the beach.  We live right next to a beach in fact  -  but I have to say most of our holidays still revolve around going to a different beach...lol....

This photo was taken all the way over in WA, on one of the many beautiful rugged beaches that South West WA offer.  It was our first "family" holiday, and one of the best holidays I have ever enjoyed.

As I said earlier, I was so inspired by the gorgeous sands and greens in the moodboard, so I chose some of the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios Wanderlust Papers to play with.  I picked Blue Fern Studios "Wanderlust" range - I used 2 sheets of "Ocean Voyage."  The base paper is the green side, and the top layer is the sandy coloured paper.

I love love love using texture in my layouts, so I used a load of distressing - and inking with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Peeled Paint.  I added some hessian and some straw mesh in between the layers of paper to add even more texture.  I increased my layers by adding some texture paste with a stencil, just under where I planned to put my embellishments.  Finally, I flicked on some Lindys Stamp Gang Ink in Shabby Turbine Teal and Cattail Copper Brown to bring out the colours of the paper.

I chose some flowers to add balance and complement the papers, and popped a few of the Blue Fern Studios Chipboard, which I painted with the gorgeous Finnabair Opal Magic Paint in Green/Gold.  I also painted my title chipboard in the same beautiful paint.  It has such a yummy shimmer to it!  I also added some 13 Arts Dried Moss into my clusters.  It also fits so beautifully well with beachy layouts.

Here are some close ups:





The products I used on this layout that you can get from the Scrap Matrix shop include:



Well that's it from me today.  If you are looking for something to do this weekend, you still have time to do this challenge - just upload it to the January Holiday Moodboard Challenge Album in the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Page.

Happy Scrapping Everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment