Tuesday 27 February 2018

Scrap Matrix - Ranger challenge February 2018

A huge thank you to Vicki Christensen, for the opportunity to design with the Scrap Matrix team.  I’m super excited to be part of such a talented group and to support a local South Australian business.


Now for my first project, which is an Art Journal page.



I started with a white page, in my Dina Wakley Media Journalwhich I coated with Ranger white gesso, to stop the media seeping through. Blank pages can be a bit daunting, so my approach is the dive right in and make a mess some marks!
So I dipped my fingers into some creamy Dylusions paints and rubbed them over the page, blending them as I went.  I used Laid Back Lilac, Funky Fuchsia, Periwinkle Blue and White Linen.
Adding more layers to increase the intensity of the colours.
To add texture I swiped Distress Crackle Paint, Clear Rock Candy through a Tim Holtz Stencil, “Splash”   I like the way it cracks and also takes on the colour of the paint underneath. 
The white gesso was added through a Tim Holtz Burlap stencil.
I added the Art Journal stamp at the top and some stamping from the same set (Dylusions stamps, Inbetweenies- DYR34575) along the side, using Tim Holtz Jet Black Archival Ink. The words are from Dina Wakley Stamps, (Handwritten Quotes MDR44475)
Wanting to add more colour and patterns I sponged some Oxides through a Tim Holtz stencil Set 27 
Because I didn't have an idea to begin with, I fished through my stamps to see what would go with these quotes and found my little birds.  Dylusions Stamps, "Put a bird on it", They just look so cheery, I thought they’d be right at home on the colourful background. 
Using a Tim Holtz stamp press, I got a crisp, clean stamped finish which 
I then fussy cut and painted the birds with Distress Oxides,
Walnut Stain
Peeled Paint
Broken China
Peacock Feathers
Fired Brick
Iced Spruce
Twisted Citron 
I glued the birds in place with Tim Holtz Multi Medium Matte.
Finally I added the flowers through a Tim Holtz stencil very similar to this.



Thanks for calling in, I hope you found something to inspire you.
Be sure to check out the Scrap Matrix blog in a day or so, 
for another Design Team Project.


No comments:

Post a Comment